Markeetu is a marketplace where you can sell your handmade goods, vintage items and craft supplies directly to buyers around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on Markeetu. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
- What Can be Sold on Markeetu
- What Can't be Sold on Markeetu
- Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
- Communicating with Other Markeetu Members and Privacy
- Creating and Uploading Content
- Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
- Providing Great Customer Service
- Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns and Exchanges
1. What Can be Sold on Markeetu
Markeetu is a unique marketplace. Buyers come here to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Markeetu must be handmade, vintage or a craft supply.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller. Read our full Handmade Policy here.
If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
- All handmade items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop in your About section.
- You are using your own photographs – not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites. Read more about using appropriate photographs in this Help article.
If you are selling personalised or made-to-order items in the Handmade category, you agree that:
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customisation (like colour choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
For more information on how to list personalised items, please see this Help article.
Vintage items must be at least 20 years old. Click here to learn more about vintage items on Markeetu.
Craft Supplies are tools, ingredients, or materials whose primary purpose is for use in the creation of an item or special occasion. Craft supplies may be handmade, commercial, or vintage. Party supplies may also be sold as craft supplies. Click here to learn more about what may be sold as a craft supply.
We encourage you to be transparent about how your craft supplies were made and where your materials come from. You can disclose whether your items have social or environmental attributes, such as organic or recycled. You can also select the location of manufacture.
2. What Can't be Sold on Markeetu
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Markeetu.
Reselling is not allowed in the handmade category on Markeetu. Reselling refers to listing an item as handmade when you were not involved in designing or making that item.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Markeetu's review. Markeetu may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Markeetu may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Markeetu statement.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent and inform Markeetu accordingly.
3. Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
At Markeetu, we value transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items and your business.
By selling on Markeetu, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your registration with us.
- Honour your Shop Policies.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Markeetu.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops for the purpose of manipulating search.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
4. Communicating with Other Markeetu Members and Privacy
You can use Markeetu Contact vendor present on product page (“Convos”) to communicate directly with your buyers or other Markeetu members. Conversations are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Conversations may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Markeetu. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Markeetu Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor's Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member's advertising budget, also known as 'click fraud'.
Any use of Markeetu Conversations to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Convo that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
5. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Markeetu, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, Convos, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
6. Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Markeetu. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five-star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within 100 days after their item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the preview window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period.
On the rare occasion, you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Markeetu, or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
7. Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on Markeetu, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. Read more in our Shipping Policy.
- Respond to Conversations in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Dispute Resolution team can help through our case system.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards.
Markeetu also provides limited protection to sellers who meet the requirements of our Seller Protection Program.
8. Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding shipping, cancellations, returns and exchanges. Please familiarise yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Markeetu Conversations and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
European Union Right of Withdrawal
Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. The right of withdrawal does not apply to custom items or certain perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital items vary by EU member state.
Markeetu’s Case System
We ask buyers to contact sellers directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Markeetu. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Conversations from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open cases within three days or the time frame noted by Markeetu in the case. Markeetu may request your assistance in resolving a case opened against your shop. Markeetu reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
By using Markeetu’s case system, you understand that Markeetu may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. Cases can be filed in the following circumstances:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Markeetu.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Conversations.
For more information on cases, please see this Help article. If Markeetu determines that an item is not as described, you will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Markeetu’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by the delivery carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer's expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Markeetu, including services and intangible goods.
- Transactions where payment is not made via Markeetu’s checkout system.
When a dispute is ineligible for our case system, we encourage both parties to work together to come to an amicable solution.