Markeetu supports and encourages ideas, services, and tools that use and supplement Markeetu’s services. At the same time, we are serious about protecting our reputation, our trademarks, and our brand identity. This Trademark Policy explains how to refer to Markeetu, our marks, or our services.
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device (or a combination of those items) that identifies the goods or services of a person or company and distinguishes them from the goods and services of others. The word “Markeetu” and other Markeetu graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names (together, the “Markeetu Marks”) are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Markeetu, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Why must Markeetu protect the Markeetu Marks? Markeetu must be to able assure Internet users and others that only the services offered, sponsored, or endorsed by Markeetu actually bear the Markeetu Marks. Trademark law requires that we not only protect against improper use of the Markeetu's Marks but also protect against the use of confusingly similar marks.
Using the Markeetu Marks
Here are our rules for using the Markeetu Marks:
We support and encourage using the Markeetu Marks in the following ways:
- Make fair use of Markeetu’s Marks. Markeetu supports free speech and you do not need permission to make legitimate commentary about Markeetu, the company, or Markeetu’s services. For example, if you sell on Markeetu, it’s fine to let people know that.
- Distinguish the Markeetu Marks from surrounding text by, for example, capitalising the first letter of the Markeetu Marks.
- Spell the Markeetu Marks properly.
We do not permit the following uses of the Markeetu Marks:
- Incorporating the Markeetu Marks or a confusingly similar mark into, for example, the name of your business, organisation, non-profit organisation, event, or trademark.
- Removing, altering, distorting, or modifying the Markeetu Marks, including adding other terms to the Markeetu Marks to create new words.
- Using the Markeetu Marks or a confusingly similar mark in a way that falsely implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Markeetu, Inc. or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest information comes from or represents the views or opinions of Markeetu, Inc. or an Markeetu employee.
- Using the Markeetu Marks in a product unless we’ve given you our permission in writing.
- Using any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the Markeetu Marks or the look and feel of the Markeetu website.
- Using the Markeetu Marks in any way or on any website that contains or promotes adult content, gambling, or otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
- Using the Markeetu Marks in a manner that is in Markeetu’s sole opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, tarnishing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable to Markeetu.